Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Dad


So today is 7 years that my Dad's been gone....It really just seems like yesterday but like my brother says it doesn't hurt as bad. I really miss my Dad. I miss hearing his voice. His words of encouragement. I miss how after you talked to him you always felt better....I wish he could see my kids. I wish he could see Josh's baby and know how happy Josh is. I wish you were there when Isaac wrestled at State....and that you were there when he lost to tell him you still think he's the best....I wish you could see Elyssa and see that she is all Missy which means she has your fire! I wish you could see Bruce and Brandon...They miss you so much....They always talk about Grandpa Mijo....I just miss him! When he was alive I remember going to visit his parents graves and he would just cry and tell him how much he loved them and I use to think how could he be so sad after so long.....I know why...You just never get over missing them and wishing they were still here. I listened to the song "I can only imagine" from his memorial and I just imagined him being in Heaven happy....And that comforted me. I just always wanted him to be truly happy. God was one of the only things in life that brought him true comfort and I know that he is truly at peace now....

I love you Dad, and I will never forget you or stop missing you.....But I know you are in a better place....I can't wait till the day when we will be together......Love you always Mija

2 comments:

  1. Mija,

    This is beautiful. I think it is wonderful to celebrate his life. Your stories bring back wonderful memories of the best Dad in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bambi - This is beautiful. You got it all right!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete